The larger teacher's version which comes with the "educational kit" for measurement and calculation capabilities.
The Solarscope is produced in two sizes - Standard (2-4 observers) and Educational for larger observing groups (2-7 observers). This product is a safe, easy to use and inexpensive way to observe the Sun.
Observation screen size is 340 x 340 mm for Education Model and 240 x 240 mm for Standard Model. The sun's image size on the projection screen: diameter about 115 mm / 80mm (Education/Standard)
The Solarscope is: easy to adjust, robust, has a large field of view, eye safe and not expensive.
Solarscope is Easy to use: very simple to align, easy observation, robust.
What can be observed: Sun spots, Transits (Mercury, Venus), Eclipses (Moon)
What can be measured:
- earth rotation speed
- day duration
- true local noon
- earth poles axis inclination
- sun rotation speed
- latitude of the observation spot
- earth orbit ellipticity
- astronomical Unit (AU)
These two school workshops are download free to give you an overview of the exercices:
The following school workshops are delivered with your Educational and Wooden Solarscope:
- Solar noon (Grammar School)
- Sun rotation speed (Primary School)
- Sun rotation speed (Grammar and High School)
- Latitude of a place and pole axis inclination (Grammar and High School)
- Earth orbit ellipticity (Grammar and High School)
- Time's equation (Grammar and High School)
Mounting: Easy assembling in less than five minutes. The Solarscope comes with a detailed user 's guide. The pictures below show you the main assembling stages: